Tuesday, November 1, 2016

November 1st - Last Day at the MTC!

Hello everyone, I get to send an email today because I leave early tomorrow which is usually my P-day and I also don't know when my P-day will be when I get there. So this will be my weekly email and my last email at the MTC. It was a good experience to be here, but I'm still really happy to get out of here LOL. I'm really excited to get to California and see what it's like there. I had in-field training this last week, which was long and drawn out and full of a lot of very basic, common sense things. I did learn a couple of things but the majority of it was rather boring to be honest LOL. I am the last remaining Elder in my district today and have been on exchanges with people in my zone all day. The thing that I will miss the most here are the friends that I've made. It was sad to say goodbye to people that I became close to while I was here and some of them will be lifelong friends. It doesn't seem like that long of a time to be able to develop those kinds of friendships, but just imagine being with a specific person or group of people for literally 24 hours every day for a month straight LOL. But, luckily I got along with everyone really well and things have been great.

Nothing too new has happened since this was my last week here, so I just want to briefly share my testimony with whoever may be reading this. Since I've been here in the MTC, I've had the opportunity to feel the spirit consistently. It's really an amazing thing. I want to bear my testimony that I know that this gospel is true and was restored to the earth by a true prophet and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Every time I read out of it, it uplifts me and helps me come closer to Christ. I personally love 3 Nephi 11 when Christ came to the Americas and Moroni 10 when Moroni bears his testimony and challenges us to find out the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon for ourselves. Every time I read those passages of scripture, I'm pretty sure that it's impossible to not feel the spirit. I know that this work that I'm doing will bring happiness to a lot of people who are searching for it. I know that the Atonement has been the greatest gift given to mankind throughout all of eternity. I know that our Savior lives and that he loves and cares about each of us unconditionally. I look forward to the opportunity that I have to share the gospel, and I say those things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I love you all and also want to say thank you for all of the love and support that I've received. I hope that everyone is doing well and I look forward to hearing from you and knowing what's been going on back home. I'll be sure to tell you all about my first week in the field when I get the chance. I may get to send another email once I get there just to let everyone know, but I'm not sure how things will work out. So until then, I love you all and miss you guys.


- Elder Godwin

1 comment:

  1. It is so good to hear from you. I hope you are doing well. You sound so grown up. I'm so excited for you to arrive in your mission area. You are going to do very well.
    Well Blake finish pilot school and is now an instructor, it's part of the program . He is super happy. Cindy is fighting off a virus but is doing good. Chappy looks like a walking fur ball so he has an appointment Friday for a hair cut. B went trick or treating as a fire fighter. She had great fun.
    Paul and his family will be moving back to Oklahoma next year after they sell their big house. Likely to Oklahoma.
    Please send a picture or two when you can. Love you so much! Nana

    ReplyDelete