Monday, April 17, 2017

April 17, 2017

Hello everyone, 
This week went really well. It was my first week in my new area, so mostly we just went around so I could meet members and our investigators before my current companion leaves. I've been with Elder Maldonado this week which has been awesome and we get along really well. We actually came into the mission at the same time and he was my companion for the very first day of the mission. But he is leaving to a different area tomorrow and I'll be getting a new companion named Elder Mosher. So I'm "white washing" this area which means that both me and my companion are new to the area and have to kind of figure it out together because we have no experience here. So it's been nice to be here a week earlier and learn a little bit about the area before Elder Mosher gets here. Usually that doesn't happen and when they white wash an area they just put two new companions in the area together on the same day. I also got called as a district leader so that will be a new experience too. I look forward to it though and it will be good serving here in East San Jose for a while.

So yesterday I got to go back to the El Camino ward for my baptism and it was really awesome. Her name is Elva and she is from Peru, she got baptized by a friend of hers who came up from Texas. It was really cool to have a baptism on Easter Sunday and see somebody born again on the day that we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The spirit was so strong and a lot of the members of our ward attended to support her. I can't really find the words to express how it felt to be a part of that. Just seeing how happy she was and feeling the spirit there was an amazing experience. A scripture that I thought of was D&C 18:10-16, it just about sums it up. But I hope that things in this new area will go well and I'll be able to see more baptisms throughout my mission. So far everything has been great! 

-Elder Godwin 





No comments:

Post a Comment