Monday, March 20, 2017

March 20, 2017

Hello,
So this week was solid. We got a referral from the Elders in San Jose
and met her on Sunday and she has a baptismal date. It'll be in May
though, so until then we have a great investigator to teach. She is
from Peru and loves the church. This is probably my last 4 weeks in
this area though unless president has me stay here for longer for some
reason. But since I'll be teaching her this transfer, if she gets
baptized in May then I can come back to the area to be there for it.
Basically there is a rule that if you leave an area and somebody you
taught gets baptized that transfer when you leave, you are able to go
back for it because you taught them. So anyways, I look forward to
working with her and seeing her progress. Missionary work is awesome.
We also did some service for one of our members again and he made us
some more barbecue. It was really good and I had some grilled
jalapeños with it too.

We also had a special meeting in the mission office on Wednesday for
the Spanish program. We got some training that will help us find more
new investigators and teach them more effectively. The Spanish culture
here is really awesome and I'm glad that I've been able to learn the
language and get to know and love the people. Zone Conference is this
week in Menlo Park so that should be a good meeting too. Only last
time we had Zone Conference there it took like an hour and a half to
get home because of traffic. So hopefully that won't happen again.

Other than that, this week has been pretty normal and nothing too
crazy has happened. General Conference is coming up soon though and
I'll get to go to the temple in 2 weeks! I'm really looking forward to
that. But anyways, I love and miss you all and I'm happy to hear that
everyone is doing alright.

From,
Elder Godwin

No comments:

Post a Comment