Wednesday, October 12, 2016

October 12, 2016



My week was pretty good, Sundays are super great and we get to go on a Temple walk for like an hour and a half before dinner which is awesome. My companions are awesome (I haven't gotten a good picture with them yet) but my district is really cool too. There's this other district in a class next to us that we hang out with a lot. Spanish is going really well and I've already caught up with my companions, but sometimes I'll accidentally use a Portuguese word in class and then my instructor is like "That's not a word" and the Elder Deniz from Brazil is like "Wait, that's not a word?" and then we both just kind of hang our heads and are like"..its a word" under our breaths lol. It's a really similar language and sometimes my instructors will pair me up with him to work on pronunciation and accents which is nice to have somebody to work with on that. But usually I work with my comps and learn a bunch of grammar the whole time which is really helpful too.

On Monday we had time after dinner so when we were waiting before our instructor got there we went on google maps street view just for fun to look at areas in our missions. It then occurred to me that Google maps updated and when I was working for A+ I once passed the google car at May and 30th by Taft stadium and so I went there and sure enough there I was driving my truck lol. So I took a picture of it and sent it to you. Cuz I'm on google maps and that makes me cool. 

We have devotionals on Tuesday nights, and yesterday they had David A. Bednar speak to us. It was amazing, I was like 10 rows back. He talked about general conference and how to learn by the spirit as we continue to study and dig deeper into their messages. I took a ton of notes, and got a lot from it but I don't have them with me so I'll send some of my favorite things from what he said in a different email when I get those. 

Anyways, I'm doing pretty well and I miss you all. I really look forward to getting to the field and telling you about it, I'm sure it will be awesome. I also don't like being stuck in a box most of the day lol. Thanks for all of the DearElder letters, I've gotten all of them as far as I know. Oh yeah, and thanks for the package of goodies but I got it after dinner on Saturday night right after I started my fast lol. So that was a struggle having Kit-Kats and things in my room until I finished fasting lol. But overall things have been going well and I'm happy to be here. Love you all. 

-Elder Godwin








No comments:

Post a Comment