Wednesday, June 7, 2017

June 7, 2017

Dear family and friends,

The past few weeks has been good. I didn't have any time to email last week because we went down to Monterey to the aquarium. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't the best so we didn't go down onto the beach but we spent a lot of time at the Aquarium, which was really nice. A lot of members around the mission have season passes to it with free guest passes that they let the missionaries use, which is a nice hook up. When we went down there, we had to go pick up the passes from this members house that lives on pebble beach so that was super sweet. It's probably the most beautiful place that I've ever been. I was wondering how expensive some of those houses were that we were driving by because I'm sure it's insanely expensive. But it was a really cool experience to go down there and it would be a really great vacation spot for the future. 

Today for P day we hiked up Mission Peak which is a mountain in the southeast Bay Area close to where I am serving. I'm not a huge fan of hiking, but my companion and some other people wanted to go so we went. The view at the top was really awesome which I guess makes it worth it. We got up super early to go so it wouldn't be too hot and we wouldn't take up the whole day, so it wasn't too bad. 

So since we went to the aquarium, Elder Mosher and I were inspired to obtain a pet goldfish for our apartment. So we had interviews last week and asked president about it and he said that we could get one lol. So we went and got a little Goldfish and put it on the table between our desks which was a fun addition to the apartment. 

Overall, the work in this area has been moving along.  Unfortunately,




we had to push back the baptismal dates that we had because the family that we've been teaching isn't quite ready yet. They are an amazing family though and still really want to join the church and it's honestly been a miracle to work with them thus far. The people here in the Spanish community are awesome. Elder Mosher and I get along super well and have really enjoyed serving together in this area too. We are starting our 2nd transfer here and hopefully it goes well. Since we had to whitewash the area and start from scratch, it seems like the first transfer here we were setting up a bunch of dominos but now as this next transfer is starting a lot of things are falling into place and the ball is really getting rolling. So I'm excited and am looking forward to how things go, missionary work is a really cool experience and I love it.

Other than that I'm not sure what else to say, the Warriors are killing it though and it's really cool to be right here where all the madness is happening during the finals. Hopefully they win it all, I miss watching NBA playoffs a lot lol. But anyways, I love you guys and hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for the emails and letters, miss you guys.

From, 
Elder Godwin 

No comments:

Post a Comment