Tuesday, May 2, 2017

May 2, 2017

Dear family and friends, 
This week was great, we've been finding a lot of new people and we also have an awesome family that we have been teaching that want to be baptized. The only thing is that they need to come to church but there are conflicts with work, people have to work a lot in order to get by in the Bay Area. But other than that I'm really excited because of how much potential they have. Elder Mosher and I are getting along really well so far and I'm glad that we have an opportunity to serve together. We've also been experiencing a lot of small miracles day to day. I think that we were both a little overwhelmed to some degree to whitewash and start from scratch in an area, but it's been amazing to see how involved the Lords hand has been in the work. 

I also got to go to the temple on Saturday which was great. The peace that you feel in the house of the Lord is really something that you can't find anywhere else. It was a good opportunity to go to a session and feel the spirit there. It was also a unique experience to go to a sealing of one of the families that Elder Mosher taught, it was a beautiful thing to see just how special it is to have an eternal family. It made me look forward to the day when I get to be sealed to my future wife and have my own eternal family. We went on a really clear day and the view was amazing too, you could see all of Oakland and the Bay Bridge to San Francisco and the Golden Gate. I made sure to get a couple of good pictures too. So that was a good experience to go up to the temple this week. 

Things are all going well out here though, I'm glad to hear that things are all fine back home. As of this week I'm at my 8 month mark, or 1/3 of the way done. It's weird to think about it that way and time is a strange thing. Happy birthday to Sammy too! I hope it will be a good week. But I miss you all and I'll keep you updated on how things are going out here. 

From, 
Elder Godwin 




No comments:

Post a Comment